Senior Cost Estimation Engineer
15 Oct 2020
Job Description and Qualifications
To develop cost estimates consistent with the Company’s procedures and guidelines enabling effective project management. The estimating function for the project will include
- Generation and updating of estimates
- Project scope control
- Allocation of contingency and escalation
- Compilation of cash flows
- Estimation of project scope changes
- Preparation of Value Engineering Estimates
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Generate accurate and competitive overall project cost estimates with guidance and support from different functions.
- Take responsibility of different type of cost generation Budgetary Class 1 2 3 based on business need and stringent timeline.
- Collect and consolidate inputs from different function of business cross check the accuracy and scope assumption as per sub project definition requirements align as per project scope and business requirements fill gaps of inputs based on data mutual agreement with team etc.
- Adaptable and conversant with various estimation tools database methods benchmarking techniques etc.
- Make sure of completeness of the cost estimation w.r.to all components e.g. Engineering Project execution Procurement Construction Commissioning Taxes and Duties Currency Hedge Commodity Insurance Financing Risk Reserve Contingency etc.
- Take initiative to the development of new procedures and database benchmarking to improve the present cost estimating processes.
- Consolidate past and ongoing proposal project data for linkage of technical commercial data develop unit rates target costs based on different line of business regions etc.
- Be responsible for ensuring the soundness of all work personally undertaken.
- Support all departmental activities as per the need.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with analytical skills.
- At least 8 10 years in a related industry and 5 6 years in overall discipline cost estimating within the industrial gas industry EPC LSTK or in the EPCm companies for related industrial gas or process industry.
- A Cost Estimator should have proven experience of producing realistic estimates and capable of organizing the work for major projects. The ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of estimating financial contractual and technical matters is a top priority. It is desirable to have a fast grasp of management systems and procedures.
- Good communication interpersonal motivational and organizational skills are required.
- Standardization database system and benchmarking experience.
- Commercial acumen analytical skills and business alignment
- Computer literacy is essential.
- MOST CHALLENGING PART OF JOB
To produce realistic estimates of a complex nature which ensure required accuracy in a given time frame with a business scope alignment risk is limited and profitability is achieved.
MEA KSA Al Khobar
Middle East Egypt Turkey
Business Sector Division
اي استفسار أو طلب خاص بخصوص التوظيف يمكنك التواصل مع الابميل التالي – مجير الموقع :
لطلبات التصميم او البرمجة التواصل مع :
Under the functional leadership of the Manager Cost Estimation and at the day to day direction of Proposal Managers Project and Proposal Development Head and Project Managers perform the following tasks